SuperScale is looking for a Data Engineer to work on our own toolset closely with our biggest clients. As a Data Engineer, you will develop and operate data pipelines and integrations to ease everyday workflow. You will also participate in analytics and machine learning model design and implementation, together with the analysts and data scientists. Your responsibility is keeping the data and models fresh for serving hundreds of millions of players.
You enjoy working equally much in data processing, software development, and service operations. You strive to create an ETL dataflow that can scale to handle any new features that a live game teams want to build. You understand how to build low maintenance distributed data processing systems, especially for machine learning applications.
While we work with different game teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings, both successes and failures. You must be humble, pragmatic, and willing to admit and explain your mistakes and learn from others. That way we’ll all learn and keep making the team better.
Your main responsibility is to build and operate data-driven features in our live games. This includes the following aspects:
- Build and operate ETL and data pipelines and integrations with 3rd party services
- Create monitoring and testing capabilities for data-driven product features
- Apply best practices for continuous integration and deployment
- Development and operations (DevOps) of production software, in and out of our game codebase
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
With offices located in HubHub coworking space in City Business Center I. you won’t have any trouble with transportation or food. Provided with high-end gaming PCs, pro-gaming mouses, pads, keyboards and headsets it’s the perfect environment for learning ;-).
- Programming skills, preferably in Python
- Querying skills, preferably in SQL
- Being passionate and committed to tasks, while maintaining an open and respectful attitude towards others and their work
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably Google Big Query and AWS / Redshift
- Proficient in big data and ETL technologies (AWS EMR, Spark, Airflow, or similar)
- Ability to think clearly under pressure – you are expected to be able to respond to and troubleshoot a wide range of issues in a production environment
We encourage our members to employ constructive and analytical thinking in problem solving. You must be able to work in a team, but we equally value initiative – voice and explain your own opinion to us and we might just take it. Highly appreciated is passion for clean and effective code and most of all ability to learn quickly.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE:
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Monthly pay 2000-4000€ (depending on experiences)
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Travel to our offices in Bratislava, Prague, Berlin, Helsinki, London, Gdansk, Warsaw as well as company off-site meetings
If this job offer looks interesting to you, don’t hesitate to contact us using the big “APPLY HERE” button bellow.
SuperScale help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at SuperScale, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
Fill out the contact form below or just send us email with your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
SuperScale help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at SuperScale, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!