SuperScale is currently looking for a skilled 2D Artis to work on various games played by millions of people across the globe.
Candidates should have a solid background in academic drawing, good knowledge of 2D software, understanding of digital art techniques and a strong sense of graphic design.
Your honest direct feedback will be crucial, and you will be an important part of the creative process.
As a 2D Artist, I will:
- Create art in a wide range of styles from realistic to cartoon, from start concept to implementation in the game
- Create character concepts, environments and backgrounds
- Create high-quality texture content for the game world (textures and other related maps or images for mapping on 3D objects)
- Be actively involved in the game creation process by interacting with the design team
- Meet project deadlines/milestones
- Contribute effectively to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience
- A portfolio demonstrating art experience
- A solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration is a major asset
- Thorough understanding of digital/traditional art techniques
- Good knowledge of 2D software, like Adobe Flash or Illustrator and Photoshop to be able to deliver any kind of good quality 2D assets and to create textures for 3D assets
- Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills
- Personality characterized as versatile and is prepared to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to mass production
- Team spirit and proactivity
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
- Passion for games
- Animation skills (2D mostly, 3D a real plus)
- Working Unity experience
- Texture painting skills
- Experience with 3D tools, texturing in both Low and High poly
- Knowledge of animation, Illustrator, Flash, Unity engine, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, fork) and motion graphics programs (e.g. After Effects)
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Some knowledge of the gaming industry.
Since you will be cooperating with several internal teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings from both successes and failures. You should be able to argue your point but also be modest, open-minded and willing to admit and learn from your mistakes. That way we’ll all learn and grow together.
Why you will love it here:
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Monthly pay 1000-5000€ (depending on experiences)
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Travel to our offices in Bratislava, Prague, Berlin, Helsinki, London, Gdansk, Warsaw, as well as company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
With offices located in HubHub coworking space in City Business Center I., you won’t have any trouble with transportation or food. Provided with high-end gaming PCs, pro-gaming mouses, pads, keyboards and headsets it’s the perfect environment for learning ;-).
Fill out the contact form below or just send us email with your CV and portfolio demonstrating your skills directly to email@example.com
SuperScale help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at SuperScale, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!