SuperScale is currently looking for an Art Director to join our creative team. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with managing the whole creative team and deliver the best possible outcome. Your honest direct feedback will be crucial, and you’ll be an important part of the creative process.
As an Art Director, I will be:
- Defining the game’s art style, while complying with the creative vision of the initial art direction
- Conveying expectations, both in terms of the level of quality and content (backgrounds, environments, characters), to the graphics team (concept artists, environment artists, character artists, animation team) by making use of the pertinent visual references, concept art, production design, and atmosphere materials
- Developing high standards of quality
- Supervising and approving work completed by the graphics team to ensure that the elements produced comply with the vision for the game, as well as meeting standards for quality
- Guiding the development and ensuring the maintenance of the flow of artistic tasks
- Providing guidance and advice to the team, as well as managing freelancers and outside studios, if necessary
- Providing reports to the project manager and the studio art director
- Ensuring that the artistic framework, schedule and budget are all abided by
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates mastery of illustration, animation, and graphic design with versatility regarding backgrounds, characters and UI elements
- Possesses a positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing multidisciplinary graphics teams
- Has excellent knowledge/reasoning when it comes to game development and the realities of production, both from technical and conceptual standpoints
- Has a deep understanding of the art production pipelines to maximize efficiency and quality
- Is tactful and a strong communicator, able to mobilize and inspire a team
- Is critical with a keen sense of observation, and able to express their ideas
- Is independent, rigorous and equipped with excellent organisational skills
- Is able to work well under deadlines and to multi-task
- Is Passionate about video games
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates art experience
Since you will be cooperating with several internal teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings from both successes and failures. You should be able to argue your point but also be modest, open-minded and willing to admit and learn from your mistakes. That way we’ll all learn and grow together.
Why you will love it here:
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Monthly pay 1000-5000€ (depending on experiences)
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Travel to our offices in Bratislava, Prague, Berlin, Helsinki, London, Gdansk, Warsaw, as well as company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
With offices located in HubHub coworking space in City Business Center I., you won’t have any trouble with transportation or food. Provided with high-end gaming PCs, pro-gaming mouses, pads, keyboards and headsets it’s the perfect environment for learning ;-).
Fill out the contact form below or just send us email with your CV and portfolio demonstrating your skills directly to email@example.com
SuperScale help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at SuperScale, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!