SuperScale is currently looking for a Game Designer to join and help our clients to create better games. The ideal candidate will possess both an ability to do independent research and generate insights from large data sets as well as a hands-on attitude of servicing/managing day-to-day design request while holding the design direction of the game. Your input to the game development is crucial, and you will be an important part of our client’s game teams.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
As part of the Game Growth team at SuperScale you’ll be embedded in a client’s game team, actively leading the game design and direction. Whether working on a live game or a new project in development, you’ll be responsible for making sure that the game team understands how their millions of players interact with the game. At SuperScale we believe that the key to success is continuous learning and to learn you need feedback. Your responsibility as a Game Designer is to improve each game’s financial performance by identifying and developing game systems by understanding how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You will also provide constant design feedback and recommendation. Together with actual design specification deliverables, supported by mockups or system designs.
While we sit with different game teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings, both successes and failures. You must be humble, pragmatic, willing to admit and explain your mistakes and learn from others. That way we’ll all learn and keep making the team better. With offices located in HubHub coworking space in City Business Center I. you won’t have any trouble with transportation or food. Provided with high-end gaming PCs, pro-gaming mouses, pads, keyboards and headsets it’s the perfect environment for learning ;-).
- Using the experience of F2P design to develop new features and systems that will improve monetisation, engagement and retention
- Ensuring that the structural and mechanical underpinnings of the app are remarkably effective at retaining and engaging users
- Educating the larger organisation about the principles of good game mechanics
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to help deliver the larger product vision
- Meeting business objectives and targets while delighting our users
- Delivering autonomous work, such design feedback, deliverables, support and game direction in great alignment with our clients need
Nice to have:
- Specific experience of successfully designing for retention and engagement on mobile, this is very likely F2P systems and game design experience
- You’ll be able to see the big picture and sweat the details, in that order
- Your understanding of user motivations, behavioural economics, and value perception is top notch
- Background in gaming
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Previous experience in econometrics/data mining
- Previous experience as a game designer, social designer or monetization designer
- And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
We encourage our members to employ constructive and analytical thinking in problem-solving. You must be able to work in a team, but we equally value initiative – voice and explain your own opinion to us and we might just take it. Highly appreciated are a passion for clean and effective code and most of all the ability to learn quickly.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE:
- Access to very rich terabyte-scale data sets, which will give you insights and knowledge into all the games we are working with
- Monthly pay 1000-5000€ (depending on experiences)
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Travel to our offices in Bratislava, Prague, Berlin and Helsinki, London, Gdansk, Warsaw as well as company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Fill out the contact form below or just send us email with your CV directly to email@example.com
SuperScale help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at SuperScale, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!