GAME ECONOMY DESIGNER
SuperScale is currently looking for a Game Economy Designer to join and help our clients to create better games. The ideal candidate will possess both an ability to do independent research and generate insights from large data sets as well as a hands-on attitude of servicing/managing day-to-day data requests and analyses. Your input to the game development is crucial, and you will be an important part of our client’s game teams.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
As part of the Game Growth team at SuperScale you’ll be embedded in a client’s game team, actively contributing to game design and direction. Whether working on a live game or a new project in development, you’ll be responsible for making sure that the game team understands how their millions of players interact with the games. At SuperScale we believe that the key to success is continuous learning and to learn you need feedback. Your responsibility as a Game Economy Designer is to improve each game’s financial performance by identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context by understanding how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You will also provide constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing.
While we sit with different game teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings, both successes and failures. You must be humble, pragmatic, willing to admit and explain your mistakes and learn from others. That way we’ll all learn and keep making the team better.
With offices located in HubHub coworking space in City Business Center I. you won’t have any trouble with transportation or food. Provided with high-end gaming PCs, pro-gaming mouses, pads, keyboards and headsets it’s the perfect environment for learning ;-).
- Define virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and project how each change modifies game dynamics
- Identify potential sales drivers for different product categories in the game economy, defining key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balance virtual products – identifying needs, relationships, life-cycle and streams of availability
- Manage pricing – create specific price point roles and implement selling strategies for key consumers
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to the development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analysing the evolution of defined metrics to spot both, monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, and suggest game design improvements or enhance the customer experience accordingly
- This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the free-to-play business model.
- 2 years of experience working with in-game economies in F2P mobile games
- Strong understanding of gameplay and game design and how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Strong analytical and formal thinking skills (able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them)
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Mastery of Excel
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market
- And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
We encourage our members to employ constructive and analytical thinking in problem-solving. You must be able to work in a team, but we equally value initiative – voice and explain your own opinion to us and we might just take it. Highly appreciated are a passion for clean and effective code and most of all the ability to learn quickly.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE:
- Access to very rich terabyte-scale data sets, which will give you insights and knowledge into all the games we are working with
- Monthly pay 1000-5000€ (depending on experiences)
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Travel to our offices in Bratislava, Prague, Berlin and Helsinki, London, Gdansk, Warsaw as well as company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Fill out the contact form below or just send us email with your CV directly to email@example.com
SuperScale help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at SuperScale, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!